This policy governs the collection and use of your personal information by The Flashing Shop Pty Ltd trading as “Central Roofing Supplies” and its related entities, subsidiaries, employees, contractors and managers (“Central Roofing Supplies”), including but not limited to use for credit reporting purposes.
Central Roofing Supplies understands the importance of ensuring that your personal and credit information is treated confidentially, and is properly and securely stored and accessed by Central Roofing Supplies. The collection, disclosure, use and storage of your personal information is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (“Credit Code”), together with these Credit Reporting and Privacy Policies.
CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
- When does this policy apply?
Central Roofing Supplies provides credit services as part of its business. This Credit Reporting Policy governs the use of your information if you use Central Roofing Supplies’ credit services.
- What kinds of Credit Information does Central Roofing Supplies collect and hold?
- consumer credit liability information, including consumer accounts you hold (or have held) with Central Roofing Supplies, the type of account, opening and closing dates of accounts, the maximum approved credit amount, and some specific terms regarding repayment of credit under the account;
- repayment history information for accounts you hold or you have held, including whether you have made repayments on time, whether any payment was overdue, and when the overdue amounts were ultimately paid;
- information requests from a credit reporting body obtained when Central Roofing Supplies asks the body for provision of credit reporting information about you;
- the type and amount of credit sought by you in credit applications (both with Central Roofing Services in the past and information provided by other credit reporting bodies);
- default information regarding any payment in connection with consumer credit that remains overdue for more than sixty (60) days and which Central Roofing Supplies can disclose to a credit reporting body if certain requirements under the Privacy Act are met;
- payment information including whether any overdue or default payments have been made;
- information regarding any arrangements you have with Central Roofing Supplies regarding overdue payments on consumer credit and Central Roofing Supplies have provided default information to a credit reporting body;
- details of any court proceedings or judgements made against you regarding credit provided to, or applied for, by you;
- personal solvency information recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index regarding your solvency and any bankruptcy or personal insolvency issues;
- publically available information about you that:
- relates to your activities and your credit worthiness in Australia or external territories; and
- is not Court proceedings information about you or information about that is entered or recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index; and
- an opinion by Central Roofing Supplies that, on reasonable grounds and if applicable, you have committed a serious credit infringement in respect of the consumer credit provided to you, including but not limited to:
- that you were fraudulently obtaining (or attempting to obtain) consumer credit;
- that you are fraudulently evading (or attempting to evade) your consumer credit obligations; or
- that you are no longer intending to comply with you consumer credit obligations as we have not been able to contact you for six (6) months in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- How does Central Roofing Supplies collect Credit Information?
Credit Information can be collected from you directly, from a person acting on your behalf, or from forms associated with ongoing dealings you have with Central Roofing Supplies.
- How does Central Roofing Supplies deal with Credit Reporting Bodies?
Central Roofing Supplies may obtain Credit Reporting Information from credit reporting bodies. Credit Reporting Information includes:
- Credit Information relating to your dealings with third party credit providers; and
- credit worthiness information derived from Credit Information from third party credit providers, including credit scores, risk rating and other evaluations.
Central Roofing Supplies may disclose your Credit Information to credit reporting bodies to be used in credit reporting and credit worthiness assessments provided to other credit providers. Disclosures will only be made to Australian credit reporting bodies.
You have the right to request credit reporting bodies not use or disclose your Credit Reporting Information if you believe that you have been or are likely to be the victim of fraud. You must contact the individual credit reporting bodies directly should this be the case. Please contact Central Roofing Supplies should you wish to confirm with which credit report bodies Central Roofing Supplies deals.
- How does Central Roofing Supplies handle your Credit Information
Central Roofing Supplies collects, stores, uses and discloses Credit Information and credit eligibility information about you as is reasonably necessary to conduct its business activities and comply with its requirements under the Privacy Act as permitted by law, including:
- assessing credit applications and risks of default;
- administering accounts and products;
- managing and recovering outstanding debts;
- providing information to credit reporting bodies;
- dealing with complaints and proceedings;
- assessing of processes and security;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- making permitted disclosures to satisfy orders from enforcement agencies or the Court; and
- assisting other credit providers in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Central Roofing Supplies will use your Credit Information in accordance with the rules and restrictions in the Privacy Act and the Credit Code. Central Roofing Supplies takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information.
- How can you access your Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information?
You may access your Credit Information and credit eligibility information by contacting the relevant party at the end of this Credit Reporting Policy.
Upon receiving your request, Central Roofing Supplies will need to verify your identify before granting access as part of its obligations to keep your information secure. Central Roofing Supplies will generally provide the requested information within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
If Central Roofing Supplies is unable to agree to provide your information, we will advise you of the reason(s) for not providing access in writing, together with notification as to whom you can address your concerns about the refusal. Central Roofing Supplies is not required to provide access to you to the extent that:
providing access would be unlawful;
denying access is required or authorised by a Court or by law; or
providing access would likely prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of the Australian Federal Police, the ACC, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, or other enforcement body.
Central Roofing Supplies may charge a reasonable administration fee for providing access in accordance with your request, but there is no charge for making the request.
- How can you correct your Credit Information or Credit Reporting Information?
Central Roofing Supplies takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information it collects, holds and discloses is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
If you believe that any information Central Roofing Supplies holds about you is incorrect, you will need to contact Central Roofing Supplies to lodge a correction request.
If Central Roofing Supplies is satisfied that your information is out-of-date, it will deal with the correction request within thirty (30) days from when you made the request or such longer period as you may agree.
Central Roofing Supplies will also contact you if it believes information it holds about you is no longer accurate, up-to-date, is incomplete, or may be misleading. Central Roofing Supplies will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes it makes to your information.
Central Roofing Supplies will also notify credit reporting bodies or other parties to which your information has lawfully been disclosed of the changes to your information.
- Destruction of Credit Information
Credit Information will be destroyed at the end of the applicable retention period pursuant to sections 20W and 20X of the Privacy Act. Information may also be destroyed if you are a victim of fraud or Central Roofing Supplies reasonably believes you have provided fraudulent information (section 20Y of the Privacy Act).
- Changes to this Credit Reporting Policy
Any updates to this Credit Reporting Policy will be posted on the Central Roofing Supplies’ website and copies can be requested by contacting:
Anna Pyke, Unit 3/4 Yamada Place, Mornington
If you believe that Central Roofing Supplies has failed to meet any of their obligations under this Credit Reporting Policy, Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, or the Credit Code, please contact Central Roofing Supplies:
Anna Pyke, Unit 3/4 Yamada Place, Mornington
Your complaints will be dealt with in accordance with Central Roofing Supplies’ Internal Dispute Resolution process.
If your complaint remains unresolved, you can refer your complaint to our recognised External Dispute Resolution scheme. Alternatively, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
What is “Personal Information”
“Personal Information” is “information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion”.
- What Personal Information does Central Roofing Supplies collect?
Generally, we collect your:
- contact details (including telephone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses);
- financial information;
- information about products and services you are interested in or about which you require more information;
- any other information which will allow Central Roofing Supplies to assess your needs in respect of the services Central Roofing Supplies provides; and
feedback from you on the services provided by Central Roofing Supplies.
Central Roofing Supplies may also collect additional information if you use credit services provided (see the Credit Reporting Policy).
- How does Central Roofing Supplies use Personal Information?
Generally, Central Roofing Supplies collects, uses and discloses Personal Information to:
- verify your identify and personal information;
- provide products or services which you have requested;
- maintain relationships with suppliers, contractors and other parties;
- communicate with you;
- developing, improving and marketing the products and services of Central Roofing Supplies;
- maintain and update the records of Central Roofing Supplies;
- provide ongoing information and marketing communications about Central Roofing Supplies products and services to customers and prospective customers by telephone, email, online and other means as permitted by law, unless you opt out; and
- regulatory and contractual reporting and compliance, including but not limited to credit reporting obligations (see Credit Reporting Policy for further details on credit reporting uses).
Some of the uses described above of Personal Information may be provided to third parties who are authorised to use the Personal Information for these purposes.
Central Roofing Supplies may also collect, use and disclosure Personal Information in connection with:
- reasonable information requests from Government agencies, Courts and lawyers;
- suspected fraud, misconduct or other unlawful activity; and
- acquisitions or potential acquisitions of the Central Roofing Supplies business.
- How can you access and correct Personal Information?
You may request that Central Roofing Supplies provides you with access to Personal Information held about you. Central Roofing Supplies will process all requests for access to Personal Information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, and may refuse an application in certain situations as listed in the National Privacy Principles. Central Roofing Supplies will provide reasons for any refusal made.
Central Roofing Supplies may recover from you the reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to your Personal Information.
If any of your Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact Central Roofing Supplies and in most cases, all reasonable efforts will be made to update your Personal Information.
If Central Roofing Supplies decides not to make a requested correction to your Personal Information and you disagree, you may ask Central Roofing Supplies to make a note of your requested correction with your Personal Information.
- How is Personal Information stored and secured?
Central Roofing Supplies is committed to keeping your Personal Information secure and will take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access, and unauthorised disclosure.
Employees and contractors of Central Roofing Supplies are required to treat sensitive information (including your Personal Information) as confidential and to respect your privacy.
- What if you have a complaint?
In the first instance, please direct your complaint to the particular Central Roofing Supplies business or activity concerns – they are likely to be in the best position to deal with your concerns quickly and effectively.
If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the relevant officer below. Central Roofing Supplies takes your privacy seriously and endeavours to respond promptly to complaints.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction after following the above steps, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au.